Marriage Visa / Joining Thai family member
For those who visit or join family member who has a Thai nationality
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately within 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents. Applicant can ONLY personally apply for a visa 3-10 weeks before the travelling date at the counter of Visa Section at Royal Thai Embassy in Bern from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except national holidays)
1. Original passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months of the day of your departure from Thailand
2. Completed visa application form
3. 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
4. A copy of travel booking or ticket reservation (from Switzerland to Thailand, and (if any) outbound flight from Thailand or from one of our neighbouring countries)
5. For spouse, a copy a valid marriage certificate. For parents or children, a copy of birth certificate.
6. Supporting documents of the relevant immediate family member
7. A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 400,000 Baht, or an original income certificate with a monthly salary of no less than 40,000 Baht
8. For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland
9. Visa Fee (cash only)
10. In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 6.30 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
11. For Chinese passport holder, if the contract is longer than 90 days, visa application must be submitted 5-10 weeks before your departure date from Switzerland