From 22 November 2021 onwards,
Royal Thai Embassy in Bern accepts visa applications and payments online ONLY.
Please submit your application at https://thaievisa.go.th/
Please click to watch the video guide
Please see the list of required documents for each Type of Visa here.
Please ensure all of your information on the visa e-application, e.g., the spelling of your name/middle name/ surname, passport number, date of birth, and nationality, expiry date of passport,
is true and correct before confirming the visa e-application.
The information on the submitted e-application cannot be amended. The visa e-application with wrong personal information will be rejected, and the fee is non-refundable.
1. The E-visa application process takes 7-10 working days
** Except for Afghanistan, Iraq, and North Korea, which can take up to 8-12 weeks
2. Nigerian national is required to submit the following documents for application of all types of visas;
- an original criminal record issued by the Swiss authority with validity not less than 3 months;
- an original Certificate of Clearance from the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency of Nigeria (NDLED) with validity not less than 3 months. The Certificate of Clearance must be legalized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Nigeria, and the Royal Thai Embassy, Abuja, Nigeria.
3. For Chinese passport holders, the visa application process for all types of visas could take approximately 14 working days. The Embassy shall directly contact the applicant if further supporting documents or clearance from concerned authorities are required. In this case, the process could be longer. Therefore, the Embassy suggests the applicant apply 4 weeks before arrival.