- Applicant must provide and submit all required documents personally at the visa counter, Royal Thai Embassy Bern. Please see Type of Visas
- The Royal Thai Embassy do not accept any visa application via post or email.
- Applicant can ONLY apply for a visa personally at the counter from Monday-Friday (except national holidays) between 9:00-12:00hr. For booking an appointment online, please Click here. We accept ONLY appointments.
- Visa application takes 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed documents. Incomplete documents will not be proceeded further. Therefore, applicant should apply for a visa at least 1 month or maximum 3 months before departure.
- Travelers who hold a travel documents (Reiseausweis) must apply for a visa before entering Thailand and can ONLY apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Bern.
- For passport holders of nationals on the list below can ONLY apply for a visa personally at the Royal Thai Embassy in Bern.
Central African Republic
Republic of the Congo
Democratic Republic of the Congo
São Tomé and Príncipe
and all other African countries
* Except Afghanistan, Iraq and North Korea which can take up to 8-12 weeks
** Nigerian national is required to submit following documents for application of all type of visas;
- an original criminal record from Switzerland with validity not less than 3 months
- and an original Certificate of Clearance from National Drug Law Enforcement Agency of Nigeria (NDLED) with validity not less than 3 months, must be legalized by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Nigeria and Royal Thai Embassy, Abuja, Nigeria
*** For Chinese passport holder, if the contract is longer than 90 days, visa application must be submitted 5-10 weeks before your departure date from Switzerland
(Visa exemption scheme is temporary suspended until further notice.)
- For tourism purpose, passport holders of countries that do not appear on the list below are required to obtain a visa before entering Thailand for tourism purpose.
- Passport holders of any nationalities who are planning to stay in Thailand as tourists for longer than the period of stay given on the list below must obtain a tourist visa before entering Thailand.
- Travelers who travel for any other purposes apart from tourism must obtain an appropriate visa before entering Thailand.
- Passport holders from some countries and territories may apply for a Visa on Arrival (VOA) at the Immigration Checkpoints for the purpose of tourism for a period not exceeding 15 days (such period cannot be extended).
- Travelers who hold a Swiss travel documents (Reiseausweis) must apply for a visa before entering Thailand and can only apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Berne.
* Swiss Temporary Passport (provisional passport/ emergency passport) with validity not less than 6 months upon the return to residence country is accepted by the Immigration Bureau in Thailand.
Nationals of the following countries may enter Thailand without a visa
For tourism purpose only
Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme:
* Passport or Temporary Passport with validity up to 6 months (your passport must be at least 6 months valid the day of your departure from Thailand)
Period of Stay 30 days
Period of Stay 14 days (Passport only)
Cambodia Myanmar (International Airport only)
Period of Stay 30 days (Passport only)
Hong Kong Laos Macau Mongolia Russia Vietnam
Period of Stay 90 days (Passport only)
Argentina Brazil Chile South Korea Peru