Internship / training course in government agencies or international organizations
For those who attend training course, study tour, or doing an internship organized by government agencies, state enterprises, and international organizations in Thailand
Applicants can ONLY apply in person for a visa 3-5 weeks before your traveling date from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except our national holidays) and applicants have to make an online appointment at https://thaiembassy.ch/Appointment in order to submit your visa application at the counter of Visa Section, Royal Thai Embassy in Bern.
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents.
1. Original passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months of the day of your departure from Thailand
2. Completed visa application form
3. 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
4. A copy of travel booking or ticket reservation (from Switzerland to Thailand, and outbound flight from Thailand)
NOT required at the moment.
5. Invitation letter from the organization or a verbal note
6. Enrolment letter from the school
7. For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland (front and back side)
8. Visa Fee in cash only : 80 CHF for three month with single entryy
9. In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 6.30 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility of any kind of loss or damage from post service.
10. For Chinese passport holder, if duration of work is longer than 90 days, the visa process will take up to 1-2 months.
11. For Nigerian, Afghanistan, Iraq, and North Korea passport holder, please kindly find more information on Note at How to apply for a visa
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and the right to reject any application without having to provide a reason.
- Visa will be granted for a single entry only. Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days per entry.
- For longer stay than 90 days, please contact the Immigration Bureau in your residence area in Thailand for Stay Permit (up to 1 year) and Re-Entry Permit (Single or Multiple). For further information, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact +66 (0) 2 209 1100. For further information, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact +66 (0) 2 209 1100