Work as a teacher in a private school
For those who wish to work as Teacher in a private school
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately within 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents. Applicant can ONLY personally apply for a visa 3-10 weeks before the travelling date at the counter of Visa Section at Royal Thai Embassy in Bern from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except national holidays) We accept both appointments and walk-ins.
1. Original passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months of the day of your departure from Thailand
2. Completed visa application form
3. 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
4. A copy of travel booking or ticket reservation (from Switzerland to Thailand, and outbound flight from Thailand - if any)
5. Confirmation Letter issued by concerned school in Thailand
6. Confirmation letter, issued by Office of the Private Education Commission or Thai authorities concerned
7. Copy of the school's registration in Thailand
8. Educational record and working record of the applicant
9. Original criminal record issued by concerned authorities in the country of residence with validity not less than 3 months
10. For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland
11. Visa Fee of 80 CHF in cash only
12. In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 6.30 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
13. For Chinese passport holder, if duration of work/internship is longer than 90 days, the visa process will take up to 2-3 months.
14. For Nigerian, Afghanistan, Iraq, and North Korea passport holder, please kindly find more information on Note at How to apply for a visa