- For tourism purpose, passport holders of countries that do not appear on the list below are required to obtain a visa before entering Thailand for tourism purpose.
- Passport holders of any nationalities who are planning to stay in Thailand as tourists for longer than the period of stay given on the list below must obtain a tourist visa before entering Thailand.
- Travelers who travel for any other purposes apart from tourism must obtain an appropriate visa before entering Thailand.
- Passport holders from some countries and territories may apply for a Visa on Arrival (VOA) at the Immigration Checkpoints for the purpose of tourism for a period not exceeding 15 days (such period cannot be extended).
- Travelers who hold a Swiss travel documents (Reiseausweis) must apply for a visa before entering Thailand and can only apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Berne.
* Swiss Temporary Passport (provisional passport/ emergency passport) with validity not less than 6 months upon the return to residence country is accepted by the Immigration Bureau in Thailand.
Nationals of the following countries may enter Thailand without a visa
For tourism purpose only
Tourist Visa Exemption Scheme:
* Passport or Temporary Passport with validity up to 6 months (your passport must be at least 6 months valid the day of your departure from Thailand)
Period of Stay 30 days
Period of Stay 14 days (Passport only)
Cambodia Myanmar (International Airport only)
Period of Stay 30 days (Passport only)
Hong Kong Laos Macau Mongolia Russia Vietnam
Period of Stay 90 days (Passport only)
Argentina Brazil Chile South Korea Peru