Long Stay Visa (Non-Immigrant O-A)
For staying in Thailand maximum period of 1 year, the applicants must apply for Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay) or so called Non-O-A Visa at the Royal Thai Embassy (when applying outside Thailand) or the Immigration Bureau (when applying in Thailand).
The purpose of this type of visa is to promote long stay for foreign traveler to Thailand who is above 50 years old. You can apply for a multiple-entry Non-O-A visa and stay in the Kingdom for the maximum period of 1 year. The visa fee is 185 CHF.
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents. Applicants can ONLY personally apply for a visa 3-5 weeks before the travelling date at the counter from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except our national holidays) We accept ONLY appointments.
Applicants’ qualifications and Required Documentation
- Cash in your private or saving bank account = 800,000 THB
- Cash in your private or saving bank account + your monthly pension income (12 months) = 800,000 THB
- Your monthly pension income (12 months) in total per year = 800,000 THB
8. Two (2) copies of Medical Certificate from licenced doctor; Applicants must have no forbidden diseases according to the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) which include Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction and third stage of Syphilis. The certificat must not be valid more than 3 months. (download medical certificate here)
9. Two (2) biography (CV, Resume)
10. One (1) original and one (1) copy of Certificate of criminal record clearance from country of permanent residence. The certificate must not be valid more than 3 months. It must state that the applicant is not registered in the criminal record.
11. Two (2) copies of evidence stating that applicants have insurance for out-patient not less than 40,000 THB and for in-patient not less than 400,000 THB.
Please kindly note that:
1) Upon arrival, applicants will be initially granted a stay permit according to his/her period of insurance coverage, maximum one year.
2) when applicants use insurance companies which are not listed by Thai General Insurance Association, after a year the applicants cannot extend his/her stay in Thailand and must travel back to home country or residence country to apply for a new visa.
12. Visa fee : 185 CHF in cash, valid for one year with Multiple entry
13. In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 7 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
Please kindly note as follows;
1) Cannot work in Thailand
2) Can purchase vehicle (under the provision of laws on motor vehicles).
3) Can purchase condominium (proceed in accordance with the Condominium Act).
4) Can open a Thai bank account