Long Stay Visa (Non-Immigrant O-A)
For staying in Thailand maximum period of 1 year, the applicants must apply for Non-Immigrant Visa “O-A” (Long Stay) or so called Non-O-A Visa at the Royal Thai Embassy (when applying outside Thailand) or the Immigration Bureau (when applying in Thailand).
The purpose of this type of visa is to promote long stay for foreign traveler to Thailand who is above 50 years old. You can apply for a multiple-entry Non-O-A visa and stay in the Kingdom for the maximum period of 1 year. The visa fee is 185 CHF.
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately within 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents. Applicant can ONLY personally apply for a visa 3-10 weeks before the travelling date at the counter of Visa Section at Royal Thai Embassy in Bern from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except national holidays) We accept both appointments and walk-ins.
Applicants’ qualifications and Required Documentation
- Cash in your private or saving bank account = 800,000 THB
- Cash in your private or saving bank account + your monthly income (12 months) = 800,000 THB
- Your monthly income (12 months) in total per year = 800,000 THB
8. Two (2) copies of Medical Certificate from licenced doctor; Applicants must have no forbidden diseases according to the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E. 2535) which include Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Elephantiasis, drug addiction and third stage of Syphilis. The certificat must not be valid more than 3 months.
9. One (1) original and one (1) copy of medical insurance; Applicants must have Thai medical insurance during their stay in Thailand and medical claims for outpatient must not be less than 40,000 Baht, for inpatient must not be less than 400,000 Baht. Applicants must buy an insurance from a company which has been approved by the Office of Insurance Commission of Thailand, please click
10. Two (2) biography (CV, Resume)
11. One (1) original and one (1) copy of Certificate of criminal record clearance from country of permanent residence. The certificate must not be valid more than 3 months.
12. Two (2) copies of evidence stating that applicants have insurance as per stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and health insurance of Thailand which has insurance money for outpatient not less than 40,000 Baht and for inpatient not less than 400,000 Baht. Please check http://longstay.tgia.org for more information regarding the insurance requirement.
13. Visa fee : 185 CHF in cash onlyfor one year with Multiple entry
14. In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 7 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
Please kindly note as follows;
1) Cannot work in Thailand
2) Can purchase vehicle (under the provision of laws on motor vehicles).
3) Can purchase condominium (proceed in accordance with the Condominium Act).