Document from SWITZERLAND Home > Document from SWITZERLAND




1. Documents for legalization must be submitted at Visa Section, Royal Thai Embassy, on Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours (except national holidays)

2.  Legalization process takes approximately within 3 - 
5 working days.

3.  Legalization fee can only be paid in cash at the Visa Section.

4. All document must be original or certified copy from issuing government/private agency and also must be legalized by State Chancellery OR Swiss Federal Chancellery OR State Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Depends on types of Documents) before translation or submitting at Royal Thai Embassy. 

5. The document must be translated into one of the Swiss national languages (g, f, i) by a professional translator in Switzerland who has been produced translation which has been legalized by Royal Thai Embassy before. 

6. To allow other person to get the legalization service on your behalf, a Power of Attorney is required. A Power of Attorney must be signed by yourself and the appointed representative as well as 2 witnesses. It also needs to be notarized to be effective.

7. The document must be less than 6 months old (after legalization) at the time the document is submitted at Royal Thai Embassy.

    Except the Attestation of Single Status and Criminal Record must be less than 3 months old at the time the document is submitted at Royal Thai Embassy.


Purpose of using the document in Thailand: to register your marriage from Switzerland, to change your lastname after marriage / adoption / divorce, to update your marital status after marriage / divorce, to register baby who is born in Switzerland or Lichtenstein into Thai Civil Registry (Ta-bian-baan), for business purpose, etc.

Types of Document from SWITZERLAND:

Documents from Swiss Federal Government 

  • Married Certificate
  • Court Order
  • Death Certificate
  • Confirmation of Last Name Change
  • Confirmation of Single Status (must be less than 3 months old)
  • Confirmation Letter from Government School
  • Transcript from Government School
  • Criminal Record
  • Statutory Military Service Attestation, etc.

Documents from other Swiss organizations 

  • Consent Letter from Parent/s for Child’s Traveling
  • Consent Letter from Spouse for Buying-Selling Property in Thailand
  • Private Power of Attorney
  • Public Power of Attorney
  • Confirmation Letter from Private School
  • Transcript from Private School, etc.

Trade documents 

  • Confirmation letter from Company
  • Diploma
  • Copy of ID card
  • Copy of Passport
  • Copy of driving license
  • Free Sales Certificate
  • Certification of Origin
  • Guarantee Letter
  • Commercial Registration
  • Customer Satisfaction Letter
  • Certificate of Origin
  • Certificate of Inspection
  • Certificate of Analysis
  • Beneficiary’s certificate
  • ect



Please follow the instruction as follows:

  1. Get the original document legalized by State Chancellery OR Swiss Federal Chancellery OR State Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Depends on types of Documents)
  2. Get the original document translated (if required)
  1. Get the original document and translation document (if any) legalized by Royal Thai Embassy in Bern

Please submit;
1) Application form for Legalization (for private use) or Company / Organization Introduction letter (for commercial use)
2) Original document, translation document (If any)1, and a copy of all pages
3) Fee of CHF 20 per one original document

4) Fee of CHF 20 per one translation document (If applicable)2
5) For Thai citizen; a copy of Thai passport / ID, Thai house registration, and all names spelt confirmation in Thai (of whose names appear in the document)
6) If you wish to receive the document back via post, please provide a return envelope with recipient's name, address and postage stamps of total CHF 
6.30 (Registered mail)

  1. Get all document legalized by Legalization Division of Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Thailand
  1. Submit your document where it is required



1 The translation should be done by a professional or sworn translator who is able to translate the document accurately. The translator should also maintain the form of the original document as much as possible. Confirmation from the translator (with full name and signature) or/and transltion company (with an authorised official of the translation company) with the date and city of the translation must be written in the translation.
2 The legalization fee for court order translation is CHF 20 per every 100 words.