Non-Immigrant Visa category ‘O’
In order to apply for this type of visa applicant must be 50 years of age and above on the date of submitting an application.
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately within 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents. Applicant can ONLY personally apply for a visa 3-10 weeks before the travelling date at the counter of Visa Section at Royal Thai Embassy in Bern from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except national holidays) We accept both appointments and walk-ins.
1. Original passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months of the day of your departure from Thailand
2. Applicant must hold an ordinary passport of Switzerland or must have permanent residence / residence permit in Switzerland (Permit C)
3. Completed visa application form
4. 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
5. A copy of travel booking or ticket reservation (from Switzerland to Thailand, one way or round trip)
6. Financial confirmations;
7. An original criminal record issued from the country of applicant’s . The certificate must not be valid more than 3 months.
8. An original medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted. Applicant must not have prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E 2535) which are (1) Leprosy (2) Tuberculosis (3) Elephantiasis (4) Drug addiction, and (5) third phase of Syphilis. The certificate must not be valid more than 3 months
9. Apartment/house rental/buying contract in Thailand (at least the first two months). If you are staying with someone, please provide an invitation letter signed by the accommondation sponsor plus a copies of his/her Thai identification and house register (Ta-bian-baan), in case the sponsor is a foreigner; two copies of passport and residence permit/visa for Thailand.