Non-Immigrant Visa category ‘O’
In order to apply for this type of visa applicant must be 50 years of age and above on the date of submitting an application.
From 11 November 2020, holders of Non-immigrant O (Retirement) visa are entitled to apply for a Certificate of Entry (CoE) to enter Thailand under Thai Government’s Covid19 measures. Please see instruction for CoE application at 11. Non-Thai national who hold a valid Non-Immigrant O (Retirement Visa) or a valid re-entry permit (Retirement) https://www.thaiembassy.ch/Content/Embassy/163.html
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately within 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents. Applicant can ONLY personally apply for a visa 3-10 weeks before the travelling date at the counter of Visa Section at Royal Thai Embassy in Bern from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except national holidays)
1. Original passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months of the day of your departure from Thailand
2. Applicant must hold an ordinary passport of Switzerland or must have permanent residence / residence permit in Switzerland (Permit C)
3. Completed visa application form
4. 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
5. (Not required at the moment) A copy of travel booking or ticket reservation (from Switzerland to Thailand, one way or round trip)
6. A copy of Financial confirmations in the past 3 months; a bank statement from private or saving account (in Switzerland or Thailand) showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 800,000 THB or a monthly pension income certificate no less than 65,000 THB.
- Cash in your private or saving bank account = 800,000 THB
- Cash in your private or saving bank account + your monthly pension income (12 months) = 800,000 THB
- Your monthly pension income (12 months) in total per year = 800,000 THB
7. A copy of insurance certificate indicate that applicants have insurance for out-patient not less than 40,000 Baht and for in-patient not less than 400,000 Baht.
8. An original criminal record issued from the country of applicant’s . The certificate must not be valid more than 3 months. It must state that the applicant is not registered in the criminal record.
9. An original medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted. Applicant must not have prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E 2535) which are (1) Leprosy (2) Tuberculosis (3) Elephantiasis (4) Drug addiction, and (5) third phase of Syphilis. The certificate must not be valid more than 3 months
10. Apartment/house rental/buying contract in Thailand (at least the first two months).