For those who wish to receive a medical treatment in Thailand
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately within 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents. Applicant can ONLY personally apply for a visa 3-10 weeks before the travelling date at the counter of Visa Section at Royal Thai Embassy in Bern from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except national holidays) We accept both appointments and walk-ins.
1. Original passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months of the day of your departure from Thailand
2. Completed visa application form
3. 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
4. A copy of travel booking or ticket reservation (from Switzerland to Thailand, and outbound flight from Thailand or from one of our neighbouring countries)
5. An original medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted.
6. Confirmation letter or admission letter from the hospital stating patient’s name and appointment
7. Hospital or Clinic registration
8. A copy of a bank statement of the past 3 months
9. For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland (Permit C only)
10. Visa Fee of 80 CHF in cash only
11. In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 6.30 of stamps are required.