Marriage Visa / Joining Thai family member
For those who visit or join family member who has a Thai nationality
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately within 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents. Applicant can ONLY personally apply for a visa 3-10 weeks before the travelling date at the counter of Visa Section at Royal Thai Embassy in Bern from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except national holidays) We accept both appointments and walk-ins.
1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
2. Completed visa application form
3. 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
4. A copy of travel booking or ticket reservation (from Switzerland to Thailand, and (if any) outbound flight from Thailand or from one of our neighbouring countries)
5. For spouse, a copy a valid marriage certificate. For parents or children, a copy of birth certificate.
6. Supporting documents of the relevant immediate family member
7. A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 400,000 Baht, or an original income certificate with a monthly salary of no less than 40,000 Baht
8. For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland
9. Visa Fee (cash only)
- 80 CHF for single entry (valid for 3 months)
- 185 CHF for multiple entry (valid for 1 year; the Thai national spouse/parent/child must be presented with the applicant with a writted confirmation letter in Thai of their relationship)
10. In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 6.30 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
11. For Chinese passport holder, if duration of stay is longer than 90 days, the visa process will take up to 3-4 months.