Marriage Visa / Joining Thai family member
For those who visit or join family member who has a Thai nationality
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Completed visa application form
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months
- Confirmed air ticket
- For spouse, a copy a valid marriage certificate. For parents or children, a copy of birth certificate.
- Supporting documents of the relevant immediate family member
- Copy of Thai Identification
- Copy of Thai passport
- Copy of house registration (Ta-Bien-Bann)
- A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 400,000 Baht, or an original income certificate with a monthly salary of no less than 40,000 Baht
- For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland
- Visa Fee (cash only)
- 80 CHF for single entry (valid for 3 months)
- 185 CHF for multiple entry (valid for 1 year; the Thai national spouse/parent/child must be presented with the applicant with a writted confirmation letter in Thai of their relationship)
- In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 6.30 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and reserves the right to reject any application without having to provide reason
- Multiple entries may be granted upon case-by-case basis and only when submitting the guarantee letter from the family member or the guarantor in Thailand.
- Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days per entry.
- Extension of stay and Re-Entry Permit can be requested at the Immigration Bureau. For further information, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact +66 (0) 2 209 1100