Non-Immigrant Visa category ‘O’
In order to apply for this type of visa applicant must be 50 years of age and above on the date of submitting an application.
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Applicant must have permanent residence or residence permit in Switzerland (Permit C)
- Completed visa application form
- 2 recent photos (4 x 6 cm.) of the applicant taken within the past six months
- Confirmed air ticket
- A copy of a bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to no less than 800,000 Baht in the past 3 months, or an income certificate with a monthly salary of no less than 65,000 Baht.
- An original criminal record issued from the country of applicant’s current residence. The verification shall be valid for no more than 3 months.
- An original medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted. Applicant must not have prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No. 14 (B.E 2535) which are (1) Leprosy (2) Tuberculosis (3) Elephantiasis (4) Drug addiction, and (5) third phase of Syphilis
- Apartment/house rental/buying contract in Thailand. If you are staying with someone, please provide an invitation letter signed by the accommondation sponsor plus a copy of his/her passport, Thai identification, and residence permit in Thailand.
- For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland
- Visa Fee of 80 CHF for single entry in cash only
- In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 7 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and the right to reject any application without having to provide a reason.
- Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days per entry.
- Extension of stay and Re-Entry Permit can be requested at the Immigration Bureau. For further information, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact +66 (0) 2 209 1100