Volunteer in a NGO or a charity organization
For those who volunteer for an NGO or a charity organization
- Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
- Completed visa application form
- 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months
- Confirmed air tickets
- Confirmation letter issued by the NGO or charity organization, stating duration of stay, and duties
- Copy of passport or Thai ID of the organization director
- For a Thai NGO, a copy of the organization’s registration
- For a foreign NGO, a copy of approval letter for operation in Thailand
- For volunteered teacher or engaged with children (under 20 years old) in an activity, an original criminal record issued by concerned authorities in the country of residence with validity not less than 3 months
- In case applicant will stay longer than 90 days in Thailand, an Approval letter issued by the Ministry Labour and Social Welfare (Form WP.3) is required. In order to obtain this letter, the company in Thailand must submit the application at the office of Foreign Wokers Administration Department of Employment or at the Provinvial Employment Office.
- For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland
- A copy of current bank statement the pass 3 months
- Visa Fee of 80 CHF in cash only
- In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 6.30 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service.
- The Embassy reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary and reserves the right to reject any application without having to provide reason
- Visa will be granted for a single entry only. Upon arrival, travellers with this type of visa will be permitted to stay in Thailand for a period not exceeding 90 days per entry.
- Extension of stay and Re-Entry Permit can be requested at the Immigration Bureau. For further information, please visit www.immigration.go.th or contact +66 (0) 2 209 1100