Internship / job training in a private company or a hotel
Those who wish to attend on-the-job training or internship with a private company or a hotel, to work as journalist (short term stay, not accredited in Thailand), to work as sport coach employed by private sector or to attend a course (organized by an institution not registered as school)
Please kindly note that visa application takes approximately within 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed required documents. Applicant can ONLY personally apply for a visa 3-10 weeks before the travelling date at the counter of Visa Section at Royal Thai Embassy in Bern from Monday – Friday from 09:00 – 12:00 hours. (except national holidays) We accept both appointments and walk-ins.
1. Passport or travel document with validity not less than 6 months
2. Completed visa application form
3. 2 recent passport-sized photographs taken within the past 6 months (3.5 x 4.5 cm.)
4. A copy of travel booking or ticket reservation (from Switzerland to Thailand, and outbound flight from Thailand)
5. Enrolment letter from school
6. Approval letter (Form WP. 3), issued by the Ministry Labour and Social Welfare. The employer of the applicant can apply for approval letter (Form WP. 3), on behalf of the visa applicant at the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (Department of Employment)
7. Confirmation letter of employment, invitation letter, and work contract
8. Supporting documents of hiring company in Thailand as shown below:
8. For non-Swiss nationals, a copy of valid residence permit to stay in Switzerland (front and back side)
9. Visa Fee of 80 CHF in cash only, Single Entry
10. In case that applicant’s passport shall be sent back by post, an envelope with applicant’s address and CHF 6.30 of stamps are required. The embassy does not accept any responsibility for any kind of loss or damage from post service
11. In case the applicant does not receive any income or necessary support for living expenses from the company or hotel, please also submit copy of your bank statement the past 3 moths.
12. For Chinese passport holder, if duration of stay is longer than 90 days, the visa process will take up to 2-3 months.
13. For Nigerian, Afghanistan, Iraq, and North Korea passport holder, please kindly find more information on Note at How to apply for a visa