- Applicant must provide and submit all required documents. Please see Type of Visas
- The Royal Thai Embassy do not accept any visa application via post. Applicant can ONLY apply for a visa personally at the counter from Monday-Friday (except national holidays) between 9:00-12:00hr. For booking an appointment online, please Click here. We accept both appointments and walk-ins.
- Visa application takes approximately within 5-7 working days after the receipt of completed documents. Incomplete documents will not be proceeded further. Therefore, applicant should apply for a visa at least 1 month or maximum 3 months before departure.
- Travelers who hold a travel documents (Reiseausweis) must apply for a visa before entering Thailand and can ONLY apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Berne.
- For passport holders of nationals on the list below can ONLY apply for a visa personally at the Royal Thai Embassy in Berne.
Central African Republic
Republic of the Congo
Democratic Republic of the Congo
São Tomé and Príncipe
and all other African countries
Please be informed that visa application takes approximately within 3 weeks
* Except Afghanistan, Iraq, and North Korea which can take up to 12-20 weeks
** Nigerian national is required to submit following documents for application of all type of visas;
1. an original criminal record from Switzerland with validity not less than 3 months
2. and an original Certificate of Clearance from National Drug Law Enforcement Agency of Nigeria (NDLED) with validity not less than 3 months, must be legalized by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Nigeria and Royal Thai Embassy, Abuja, Nigeria