- Applicant must provide and submit all required documents. Please see Type of Visas
- The Royal Thai Embassy do not accept any visa application via post. Applicant can ONLY apply for a visa personally at the counter from Monday-Friday (except national holidays) between 9:00-12:00hr. For booking an appointment online, please Click here. We accept both appointments and walk-ins.
- Visa application takes approximately within 2 weeks after the receipt of completed documents. Incomplete documents will not be proceeded further. Therefore, applicant should apply for a visa at least 1 month or maximum 3 months before departure.
- Travelers who hold a travel documents (Reiseausweis) must apply for a visa before entering Thailand and can ONLY apply for a visa at the Royal Thai Embassy in Berne.
- For passport holders of nationals on the list below can ONLY apply for a visa personally at the Royal Thai Embassy in Berne.
Central African Republic
Republic of the Congo
Democratic Republic of the Congo
São Tomé and Príncipe
and all other African countries
*Please be informed that visa application of these nationals takes approximately 3 weeks, except Afghanistan, Iraq, and North Korea which can take up to 12-20 weeks.
** For Nigerian nationals, an original criminal record with validity not less than 3 months is required for application of all type of the visas.